Vegetarian Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Vegetarian Linguine
Sort By :
"Excellent. I will be making this again and again."
"Loved it! I will be making this again. I added too much basil, but you couldn't even tell. VERY good!"
"Mmmm...yum. I enjoyed making and eating this, but it wasn't really somthing to remeber."
"I've made this recipe many times and everyone in my family loves it. It has a lot of flavor! I've made it as a side dish and a main dish."
"This was so good. I also used some chicken in it."