Vegetarian Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-fat provolone) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.