Vegetarian Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 216 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Linguine
"Excellent. I will be making this again and again."
"Loved it! I will be making this again. I added too much basil, but you couldn't even tell. VERY good!"
"Mmmm...yum. I enjoyed making and eating this, but it wasn't really somthing to remeber."
"I've made this recipe many times and everyone in my family loves it. It has a lot of flavor! I've made it as a side dish and a main dish."
"This was so good. I also used some chicken in it."
"Yummmm. Loved it."
"I added squash and put the cheese on the individual plate. This was the perfect dish for my family. I have a son who is allergic to dairy. He loved this dish! So happy I tried it. It was very easy to make as well."
"as a vegetarian i am always looking for new stuff to make, this was verry delicious and super easy to make, and the whole family loved it!! i plan on taking it to my county fair for my 4H foods project, i hope for good results :)"
"The whole family loved this! I added chicken and used whole wheat linguine. It was very yummy!"
"Great recipe, quick, easy and delicious...Added a little more garlic (personal preference)...I will be making it again :)"
"This dinner is quick, easy, and has lots of flavor! I added an extra clove of garlic for a little more kick and it was delicous!"
"I try to make it several times a month!"
"Delicious! I loved all the vegetables, and the provolone cheese was the perfect amount and flavor. Couldn't find green onions at the grocery, so I left those out, but otherwise made the recipe exactly as stated."
"this sounds like a super recipe and i'm going to make it for my supper will let you all know how it was"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.