- 5 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 envelopes (1-1/4 ounces each) white sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup seeded chopped fresh tomato
- Break the noodles in half widthwise; set aside. In a saucepan, combine sauce mix, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. In an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray, layer 1/2 cup sauce, two noodle pieces, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup vegetables and about 1-1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese topping. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining noodles, sour cream, 1/2 cup sauce, tomato and remaining Parmesan cheese topping. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Reheat remaining sauce; serve with lasagna. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Lasagna Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Vegetarian Lasagna Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2011
"ease, taste, healthy... = excellent"
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2011
"what is white sauce mix? Alfredo?"