Vegetarian Lasagna Alfredo Recipe
- 18 lasagna noodles
- 7 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 envelopes Alfredo sauce mix, divided
- 6 cups (24 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and Italian seasoning; gently stir in tomatoes and broccoli. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain noodles. Prepare two envelopes of Alfredo sauce mix according to package directions. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top each with three noodles, 1 cup ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 4. Bake lasagna, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. For each lasagna, prepare one envelope of sauce mix according to package directions; serve with lasagna.
- 5. Freeze option: Cover and freeze lasagna up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. For each lasagna, prepare an envelope of Alfredo sauce mix according to package directions; serve with lasagna. Yield: 2 lasagnas (12 servings each).
1 piece equals 243 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.