Vegetarian Enchilada Bake Recipe
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini and pepper in oil until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the corn, beans, salt and cumin; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in salsa and cilantro.
- 2. Place a tortilla in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream) equals 286 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat.