- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and pepper in oil until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the corn, beans, salt and cumin; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Stir in salsa and cilantro.
- Place a tortilla in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread with 2/3 cup vegetable mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Enchilada Bake
"I made this recipe for a vegetarian friend and she loved it. I used Mexican corn and a little more jalape?o for spice."
"This was very good, but you have to make sure that the cheddar is actually vegetarian, since most cheddar cheese contains rennet in them."
"I was looking for a one pot meal that was Vegetarian. I don't eat meat, but my teen boys do and they didn't even miss the meat. This was excellent! Thank you!"
"Really good! I would probably use a little more in the way of spices, but in general it was tasty. I used homemade tortillas for this(my first attempt) and it turned out fairly well. I used mild salsa, might try it next time with a smidgen of green chiles added to the salsa."
"Excellent! Just replace the Cheddar cheese and it's vegan."