Vegetarian Dressing Recipe
Feast your eyes on this two-toned pumpernickel dressing. It's my vegetarian version of the classic Thanksgiving staple. —Thomas Roeger, Bloomington, Indiana
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 6 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Place bread cubes in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook celery and onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the cranberries, salt, rosemary, thyme, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and celery mixture. Add broth and combine.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p103
Reviews for Vegetarian Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Stuffing >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >