- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 ounce Mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped green onions and crumbled queso fresco
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Combine water, tomato paste, cornmeal, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin and, if desired, pepper sauce until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Chili Ole!
"We enjoyed this chili, but found it to be thicker than most."
"I have made this recipe more than once and it is fantastic. I add two cans of green chilies because I like extra heat, but otherwise, I keep it exactly the same. Yum!!"
"The rich mole-style sauce really adds depth to the flavor of this dish. This recipe is comfort food at its best!"
"Really great recipe!"
"I made this instead of going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant one Friday night. Very satisfying!"