Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh cilantro and parsley
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, saute zucchini, onions and peppers in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, jalapeno and seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Vegetarian Chili(17)
Sort By :
I'm taking this to an upcoming Super Bowl Party. Can't wait for everyone to sample it!
Come the first of the year we are all trying to shed those extra pounds from the Holidays and incorporate more vegetables & fiber into our diet. It is so versatile too. You can substitute or add many other types of vegetables to this recipe. I've used red pepper, yellow squash, and different types of beans as well. I know it will be a big hit!
This is hands down the BEST vegetarian chili I have ever tasted! My sister is a vegetarian so I originally got on TOH to look for a recipe one weekend she was coming in town. I saw all the positive reviews so I thought I would give it a try. We absolutely loved it, even my husband (who is a meat lover) asks for this tasty chili! This has now become the family favorite and between my sister, my mom, and myself, we make it all the time!!!!
This is one of my favorite recipes but it takes me a long time to prepare all the fresh vegetables. It makes a very large quantity so the preparation time is well worth it. My daughter is vegetarian so any time she is scheduled to visit us I make it a point to make this recipe so that she has something that is absolutely delicious and nutritious to eat while she is with us and while the rest of us enjoy a meal with meat. I highly recommend this recipe!!! You will not be disappointed.
I made this for a group of my husbands buddies and they all loved it. I wouldn't change a thing.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Chili Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Tomato Soup Recipes >