"Our daughter loves to help out in the kitchen, so I try to choose recipes that are easy to follow," relates Ruth Behm of Defiance, Ohio. Just six ingredients, including convenient salsa, create the zippy filling in these speedy burritos
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), warmed
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt if desired and pepper. Pour into
- a skillet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are partially set. Add
- salsa and onion; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each
- tortilla; fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with egg substitute, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free tortillas and without salt) equals 240 calories, 826 mg sodium, 269 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.