Vegetarian Burritos Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt if desired and pepper. Pour into a skillet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are partially set. Add salsa and onion; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with egg substitute, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free tortillas and without salt) equals 240 calories, 826 mg sodium, 269 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Burritos
"Perfect vegetarian breakfast!"
"I love making this recipe. I cut the recipe in half and I use dried cilantro instead of pepper"
"Can the name on this recipe be correct? There are no vegetables in it."
"Sounds like a yummy breakfast burrito!"
"Not what I would call a burritos"