"Our daughter loves to help out in the kitchen, so I try to choose recipes that are easy to follow," relates Ruth Behm of Defiance, Ohio. Just six ingredients, including convenient salsa, create the zippy filling in these speedy burritos
Recommended: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), warmed
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt if desired and pepper. Pour into a skillet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are partially set. Add salsa and onion; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Burritos in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p13
Reviews for Vegetarian Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2013
"I love making this recipe. I cut the recipe in half and I use dried cilantro instead of pepper"
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2011
"Can the name on this recipe be correct? There are no vegetables in it."
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2009
"Sounds like a yummy breakfast burrito!"
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2009
"Not what I would call a burritos"