Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta Recipe
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup bean mixture with 2/3 cup pasta equals 255 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
"I'm dumbfounded by the rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and this was so bland."
"Easy to prepare and even easier to eat! I used black beans that I had soaked and cooked the day before and fresh tomatoes in order to lower the sodium a bit. This meal was very well received by my husband and teenaged son."
"Not a favorite dish with my teenagers but my husband liked it. Flavors were good. Quick to put together. Satisfying."
"Made this for the first time last night. Just before serving I added a bit of feta cheese.Yummy! have some leftovers so tonight I will add some smoked sausage. I will definitely be making this again."
"Perfect dish for Meatless Monday. I added grated parmesan right before serving. Will definitely be making this again."
"This was one of the recipes at our Simple & Delicious porch party. I substituted rotini pasta for the fettuccine. I served it with some freshly grated Parmesan and used fresh rosemary instead of dried. Yummy!"
"Made this for friends, everyone loved it! Made for a yummy lunch the next day too."
"If i don't put black beans in eat will it taste just as good or should I substitute with something else? Looks really yummy! I just don't like beans..."
"Very easy and was even better when you add crab"
"Super fast and excellent dish! Even my husband likes this!! It's a keeper!"
"This was very quick and easy to make...I measured all ingrediants and servings and I only got 4.5 servings."
"Great flavor, quick and easy. I served it over brown rice (rather than pasta) for a gluten free meal."
"VERY good flavor and super easy to make! This is a new staple in my house for a quick and nutritious dinner!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.