Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
This hearty vegetarian dish is loaded with flavor. Ashlynn uses fresh rosemary when she has it on hand. Ashlynn Azar - Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano. Cook and
- stir until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain
- fettuccine. Serve with bean mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup bean mixture with 2/3 cup pasta equals 255 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.