- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
Sort By :
"This was one of the recipes at our Simple & Delicious porch party. I substituted rotini pasta for the fettuccine. I served it with some freshly grated Parmesan and used fresh rosemary instead of dried. Yummy!"
"Made this for friends, everyone loved it! Made for a yummy lunch the next day too."
"If i don't put black beans in eat will it taste just as good or should I substitute with something else? Looks really yummy! I just don't like beans..."
"Very easy and was even better when you add crab"
"Super fast and excellent dish! Even my husband likes this!! It's a keeper!"