- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
"I followed the recipe as written and as another reviewer stated, it was kind of bland. I added sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little crushed red pepper to liven up the flavor. I believe the recipe would taste great with cannelini beans substituted for the black beans."
"I'm dumbfounded by the rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and this was so bland."
"Easy to prepare and even easier to eat! I used black beans that I had soaked and cooked the day before and fresh tomatoes in order to lower the sodium a bit. This meal was very well received by my husband and teenaged son."
"Not a favorite dish with my teenagers but my husband liked it. Flavors were good. Quick to put together. Satisfying."
"Made this for the first time last night. Just before serving I added a bit of feta cheese.Yummy! have some leftovers so tonight I will add some smoked sausage. I will definitely be making this again."