- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, rosemary and oregano; heat through. Stir in spinach until wilted. Drain fettuccine; add to bean mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vegetarian Black Bean Pasta
"My husband and I loved this! I added black pepper,some fire roasted peppers,used thyme in place of the rosemary. Added shredded parmesan cheese before serving. Definitely will be making again."
"I followed the recipe as written and as another reviewer stated, it was kind of bland. I added sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and a little crushed red pepper to liven up the flavor. I believe the recipe would taste great with cannelini beans substituted for the black beans."
"I'm dumbfounded by the rave reviews. I followed the recipe exactly and this was so bland."
"Easy to prepare and even easier to eat! I used black beans that I had soaked and cooked the day before and fresh tomatoes in order to lower the sodium a bit. This meal was very well received by my husband and teenaged son."
"Not a favorite dish with my teenagers but my husband liked it. Flavors were good. Quick to put together. Satisfying."
"Made this for the first time last night. Just before serving I added a bit of feta cheese.Yummy! have some leftovers so tonight I will add some smoked sausage. I will definitely be making this again."
"Perfect dish for Meatless Monday. I added grated parmesan right before serving. Will definitely be making this again."
"This was one of the recipes at our Simple & Delicious porch party. I substituted rotini pasta for the fettuccine. I served it with some freshly grated Parmesan and used fresh rosemary instead of dried. Yummy!"
"Made this for friends, everyone loved it! Made for a yummy lunch the next day too."
"If i don't put black beans in eat will it taste just as good or should I substitute with something else? Looks really yummy! I just don't like beans..."