Vegetables with Mustard Sauce
Stir up this smooth, delicious sauce in a jiffy in the microwave, and you'll be delighted with how it complements steamed vegetables. Start with fresh veggies or make things even easier by using a frozen blend..—Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets, cauliflowerets or sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes or until
- heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Drain broccoli. Serve
- with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.