Stir up this smooth, delicious sauce in a jiffy in the microwave, and you'll be delighted with how it complements steamed vegetables. Start with fresh veggies or make things even easier by using a frozen blend..—Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli florets, cauliflowerets or sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 30 seconds. Drain broccoli. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p33
Reviews for Vegetables with Mustard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2009
"This recipe is SO good and so easy. What a nice way to serve broccoli. I added one sliced carrot."