Vegetables in Puff Pastry Recipe
Fresh vegetables and beans in a tasty tomato sauce make a hearty main dish. As an alternative, serve over pasta instead of in pastry shells.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring the water to boil. Add carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add peas; cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute leek and garlic in butter until leek is crisp-tender. Add the tomato puree, tomatoes, sugar, oregano, pepper and remaining salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the lima beans and carrot mixture; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Remove tops from pastry shells; fill with vegetable mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetables in Puff Pastry in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p201
Reviews for Vegetables in Puff Pastry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review