Vegetables in Dill Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Dash white pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and carrot in butter for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice, marjoram and salt.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring once. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup vegetables with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.