“This recipe is ideal for using up vegetables from your garden,” writes Edie DeSpain from Logan, Utah. “It’s a great side dish for grilled chicken. Enjoy!”
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Dash white pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and carrot in butter for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice, marjoram and salt.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring once. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetables in Dill Sauce in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p63
Reviews for Vegetables in Dill Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2011
"I used whole milk, reg. mayo (not low-fat), dried minced onion and dried dill. Was very good, everyone liked it!"
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
"This is a very tasty and enjoyable recipe; one of my guests is a vegetarian and asked for the recipe..."