- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Dash white pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and carrot in butter for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice, marjoram and salt.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through, stirring once. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetables in Dill Sauce in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p63
Reviews for Vegetables in Dill Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2011
I used whole milk, reg. mayo (not low-fat), dried minced onion and dried dill. Was very good, everyone liked it!
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
This is a very tasty and enjoyable recipe; one of my guests is a vegetarian and asked for the recipe...
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Condiments >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >