Vegetables and dip are a mainstay at most holiday parties. I like to dress up this appetizer by cutting vegetables into festive shapes and arranging them as a wreath. It's a nice conversation piece. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives, well drained
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium jicama
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in onions and olives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl; place in the center of a 12-in. round serving plate. Arrange broccoli, green pepper and tomatoes in a wreath shaped around dip.
- Using a small star cookie cutter, cut out stars from jicama slices; place over wreath. Cut red pepper into five pieces that form the shape of a bow; position on wreath. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Wreath with Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p29
Reviews for Vegetable Wreath with Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review