Vegetable Wild Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large saucepan, place rice mix, contents of seasoning packet and water as directed on package. Bring to a boil. Add carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute squash, peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir into rice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
3/4 cup: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Wild Rice
"I am not much of a rice eater but this is excellent. Instead of chopping the peppers and onions, I used the ones that are frozen. It cuts down the prep. time so I always keep them on hand."
"I love this recipe, and my family does too. It is my favorite rice dish & goes with just about anythig."