Vegetable Wild Rice Recipe
A convenient packaged rice mix gives a jump start to this simple side dish from Helen Jacobs of Canton, Michigan. A bright blend of veggies adds color, and the cost - only 52 cents per serving - is easy on your budget.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large saucepan, place rice mix, contents of seasoning packet and water as directed on package. Bring to a boil. Add carrots. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute squash, peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Stir into rice mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Wild Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC