Vegetable Turkey Hoagies Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in salt and pepper. Hollow out the top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use); spread cream cheese over cut sides. Top with turkey and sauteed vegetables. Cut in half. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 404 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,466 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable Turkey Hoagies
"I first tried these years ago and - WOW! The beautiful mix of colors from the peppers and onion and the flavored cream cheese really fancies up your plain ol' turkey sub. Even the kids loved it, and I loved knowing that they were getting in some veggies! Bravo - and know that this sandwich will be will always be a regular in my house. wouldn't change a thing!"