Vegetable Turkey Hoagies Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in salt and pepper. Hollow out the top and bottom of loaves, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use); spread cream cheese over cut sides. Top with turkey and sauteed vegetables. Cut in half. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 404 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1466mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Turkey Hoagies
"I first tried these years ago and - WOW! The beautiful mix of colors from the peppers and onion and the flavored cream cheese really fancies up your plain ol' turkey sub. Even the kids loved it, and I loved knowing that they were getting in some veggies! Bravo - and know that this sandwich will be will always be a regular in my house. wouldn't change a thing!"