Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, celery and green pepper.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the carrots, onion and remaining cream cheese and mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches
"I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl and it came out fabulous. My teenage daughter who is not big on veggies loves it! This is an awesome, awesome recipe - a keeper for sure! Thanks!!"