Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
I packed lunches for a husband and seven children for years and tried many different recipes to keep things new and exciting. I hope you enjoy these fun sandwiches.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, celery and green pepper.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the carrots, onion and remaining cream cheese and mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl and it came out fabulous. My teenage daughter who is not big on veggies loves it! This is an awesome, awesome recipe - a keeper for sure! Thanks!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC