Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches
I packed lunches for a husband and seven children for years and tried many different recipes to keep things new and exciting. I hope you enjoy these fun sandwiches.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons
- mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, celery
- and green pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the carrots, onion and remaining cream
- cheese and mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of
- white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup
- carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white
- bread. Yield: 4 servings.