Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches Recipe
I packed lunches for a husband and seven children for years and tried many different recipes to keep things new and exciting. I hope you enjoy these fun sandwiches.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, celery and green pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the carrots, onion and remaining cream cheese and mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p93
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl and it came out fabulous. My teenage daughter who is not big on veggies loves it! This is an awesome, awesome recipe - a keeper for sure! Thanks!!