I packed lunches for a husband and seven children for years and tried many different recipes to keep things new and exciting. I hope you enjoy these fun sandwiches.
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine one package of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in the tuna, celery and green pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the carrots, onion and remaining cream cheese and mayonnaise. Spread 1/3 cup tuna mixture on four slices of white bread; top with a slice of whole wheat bread. Spread 1/4 cup carrot mixture on the whole wheat bread; top with a slice of white bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p93
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"I mixed all the ingredients together in one bowl and it came out fabulous. My teenage daughter who is not big on veggies loves it! This is an awesome, awesome recipe - a keeper for sure! Thanks!!"