"Our sons really like this quick casserole because it tastes special," says Florence Munger of Malone, New York. The creamy main dish is easy to assemble with pantry items such as canned tuna, egg noodles, cream soup and pimientos.
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; place in a large bowl. Add the celery mixture, soup mixture, tuna, mayonnaise, pimientos and salt. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Noodle Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review