- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; place in a large bowl. Add the celery mixture, soup mixture, tuna, mayonnaise, pimientos and salt. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Noodle Casserole
"Family loved it!!"
"This was SO good! Usually tuna bakes are abit boring but this had tons of flavour and was really creamy. I used 2-1/2 cups of noodles, added some dill and lemon juice, and it was beautiful. Definitely making this again!"
"We love this recipe! I add 1 cup of frozen peas, leave out the pimentos and bake in a 9x11 pan."
"My 3 sons like this recipe very much. It's filling and rich. I usually double it."
"I've been making this casserole for quite some time now and don't even bother to make any other tuna casserole as this one is the best. I sprinkle on some cheddar cheese at the end of baking time."