- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in oil until tender; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; place in a large bowl. Add the celery mixture, soup mixture, tuna, mayonnaise, pimientos and salt. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Tuna Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"This was SO good! Usually tuna bakes are abit boring but this had tons of flavour and was really creamy. I used 2-1/2 cups of noodles, added some dill and lemon juice, and it was beautiful. Definitely making this again!"
"We love this recipe! I add 1 cup of frozen peas, leave out the pimentos and bake in a 9x11 pan."
"My 3 sons like this recipe very much. It's filling and rich. I usually double it."
"I've been making this casserole for quite some time now and don't even bother to make any other tuna casserole as this one is the best. I sprinkle on some cheddar cheese at the end of baking time."
"Tuna Casserole is a fav in our house! I added a few ingredients requested by my son, 1 1/2 TBSP dried dill, 1 TBSP lemon juice, and 3 crushed garlic cloves. I was out of cheese so I didnt add, but made a cornfake/butter mix for the top the last 10 min of cooking. Yummy!!"