- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh cilantro, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and additional picante sauce
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in picante sauce; set aside. Meanwhile, cook frozen vegetables according to package directions; drain. Cool slightly; coarsely chop vegetables.
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with 1/3 cup refried beans and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the pepper mixture. Top each with another tortilla. Spoon 1-1/2 cups vegetables over each tortilla and sprinkle with Monterey jack cheese. Top the last two tortillas with remaining beans and pepper mixture; place one on each stack. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and olives. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 2 stacks (4-6 servings each).
Originally published as Vegetable Tortilla Stack in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p66
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Vegetable Tortilla Stack
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2011
Love this recipe. I can substitute garden vegetables in the layers, and adapt it for vegans by using the vegan cheese.