Vegetable Tomato Soup
“My husband and I love this quick, dressed-up tomato soup,” says Stacy Myers in Bristol, Tennessee. “The cloves give it a surprising little kick. Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches and you're sure to get a smile!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield:
- 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 151 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 1,095 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.