Vegetable-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
“I scaled down a family recipe that my husband's grandmother used to make,” says Ruth Roan of Dallas, Pennsylvania. “I recently served this to a friend, and she loved it.”
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/3 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash salt
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; discard seeds and chop pulp. Invert shells onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper and celery. In another small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Spoon into tomato shells. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed tomato (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 94 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC