Vegetable-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a food processor, combine the beans, 1 tablespoon oil, water, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until pureed; set aside.
- 2. Place mushrooms on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until mushrooms are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the red pepper, red onion and zucchini in remaining oil until tender.
- 4. Spread about 1/3 cup reserved bean mixture over each mushroom; top with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 252 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Portobellos
"Can't wait to try this. I do a similar one where I combine sun dried tomatoes, fresh garlic basil, topped with mozzarella cheese. Even if you don't like mushrooms, like my husband, you don't even know you are eating them. So yummy."