Vegetable-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
"This recipe came with my slow cooker," says Sandra Allen from Austin, Texas. She fills green peppers with a flavorful combination of cooked rice, kidney beans, corn and onions. "I like to fix meatless main dishes for a change of pace. This one has become a monthly mainstay for my family.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, beans, rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt. Remove and discard tops and seeds of green peppers. Fill each pepper with about 1 cup vegetable mixture. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 11 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC