Vegetable-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium green peppers
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, beans, rice, 1-1/2 cups cheese, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and salt. Remove and discard tops and seeds of green peppers. Fill each pepper with about 1 cup vegetable mixture. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Peppers(2)
Sort By :
there are too many great recipes to make an average one again.
I make a recipe similar to this, but mine has black beans instead of the kidney beans and yellow hominy instead of the corn. Either way, this recipe makes a very good meal.
My finishing touch is placing one nacho-sliced jalapeno on top of each stuffed green pepper.