- In the drippings, saute leeks, yellow peppers and 1 cup celery until
- tender. Stir in spinach, thyme, basil and bacon. Spoon over meat to
- within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting
- with a long side. Tie with kitchen string.
- Rub steak with garlic and remaining salt. In a large skillet, brown
- meat in oil on all sides. Place in a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Add onion and remaining celery. Combine remaining ingredients; pour
- over steak. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Baste with drippings. Bake, uncovered,
- 15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Let stand for 10-15
- minutes. Remove string and slice. Discard bay leaf; thicken juices
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now