Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Cube removed pulp; set shells aside. Cut corn off the cob.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute eggplant pulp, corn, onion, tomato and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour water into dish.
- 3. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed eggplant half (prepared with shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 259 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant
"Excellent recipe. Very filling and very healthy."
"It was great, quick meal after work. Added some cooked chicken. If my husband eats it, it must be good."
"This is delicious!! I added some cubed cooked chicken and we had a complete meal. I will definitley make this again. Thanks!!"