Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Cube removed pulp; set shells aside. Cut corn off the cob.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute eggplant pulp, corn, onion, tomato and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour water into dish.
- 3. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant
"Excellent recipe. Very filling and very healthy."
"This is delicious!! I added some cubed cooked chicken and we had a complete meal. I will definitley make this again. Thanks!!"