Vegetable Stuffed Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. Place dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water; chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with rosemary, pepper and salt. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, raisins, cream cheese, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture over each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place flour in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with flour.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Add the broth, basil, garlic and reserved water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add tomatoes; heat through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed chicken roll with 1/3 cup tomato mixture equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.