- Place dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let
- stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water; chop tomatoes
- and set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with rosemary, pepper
- and salt. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, raisins, cream
- cheese, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread 1/4 cup spinach
- mixture over each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with
- toothpicks. Place flour in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium
- heat, brown chicken in oil. Add the broth, basil, garlic and
- reserved water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add
- tomatoes; heat through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed chicken roll with 1/3 cup tomato mixture equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.