“I’ve been making this pretty, festive-looking dish for years and people often ask for the recipe. Convenient for company, it can be made ahead of time right up to the point of dusting with flour and browning.” —Virgina Anthony, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Place dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water; chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with rosemary, pepper and salt. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, raisins, cream cheese, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. Spread 1/4 cup spinach mixture over each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place flour in a shallow bowl; coat chicken with flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Add the broth, basil, garlic and reserved water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add tomatoes; heat through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Rolls in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review