Vegetable Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, sherry or additional broth, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Return beef to the pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 251 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Steak Stir-Fry
"I subbed fresh mushrooms for the cauliflower and husband and I enjoyed this. Will definitely make again!"
"This is great, Thank you"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.