Vegetable Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, sherry or additional broth, water, soy sauce and ginger until smooth. Return beef to the pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomatoes; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Vegetable Steak Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I subbed fresh mushrooms for the cauliflower and husband and I enjoyed this. Will definitely make again!
This is great, Thank you