Vegetable Spiral Sticks Recipe
- 3 medium carrots
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters. In a large skillet, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 3 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry.
- 2. Cut each piece of breadstick dough in half. Roll each piece into a 7-in. rope. Wrap one rope in a spiral around each vegetable. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; tuck ends of dough under vegetables to secure.
- 3. Brush with egg white. Combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over sticks. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
One serving (2 sticks) equals 97 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Vegetable Spiral Sticks
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.