"I love to serve these savory wrapped vegetable sticks for parties or special occasions," remarks Teri Albrecht, Mt. Airy, Maryland. "They're an easy impressive appetizer."
- 3 medium carrots
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cut carrots lengthwise into quarters. In a large skillet, bring 2 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 3 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry.
- Cut each piece of breadstick dough in half. Roll each piece into a 7-in. rope. Wrap one rope in a spiral around each vegetable. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; tuck ends of dough under vegetables to secure.
- Brush with egg white. Combine cheese and oregano; sprinkle over sticks. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Vegetable Spiral Sticks in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Vegetable Spiral Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review