Vegetable Spaghetti Bake Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (28 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cut zucchini (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, celery, carrots, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half each of the spaghetti mixture, cottage cheese, vegetables and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.