"This fresh-tasting main dish is loaded with vegetables, cheese, noodles and spaghetti sauce," write Laurie Messer of Bonifay, Florida. "I makes excellent use of garden produce, but my family enjoys it anytime of year."
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cut zucchini (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini, celery, carrots, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half each of the spaghetti mixture, cottage cheese, vegetables and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Spaghetti Bake in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p10
Reviews for Vegetable Spaghetti Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review