Vegetable Soup with Hamburger Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.