"I work full time and have a family of four," relates Theresa Jackson of Cicero, New York. "We sit down to a home-cooked meal just about every night, many times thanks to my slow cooker. This hearty soup is often on the menu."
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hamburger Vegetable Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p43
Reviews for Vegetable Soup with Hamburger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review