- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetarian vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, soak bread in soup for 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, egg, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Line an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish with foil and grease the foil. Place meat loaf in pan; top with tomato sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Vegetable Soup Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Me and my wife are ground turkey eaters. I only modified this recipe a little bit.Instead of just bread, I used a cup of GFS croutons. And instead of a can of tomato sauce, I combined about 3 Tbs Ketchup, 3 Tbs brown sugar and 1 Tbs A1 sauce.The meatloaf came out of the oven in a color only slightly lighter than beef and the flavor/moisture/tenderness was amazing."
"very good....lve the veggies in the meat loaf....thanks...."
"Tasted good, but did not hold together well."
"I first made this as a home economics cooking assignment back in the 1960s! It still makes a tasty meat loaf."
"I have been looking for this recipe for years and even asked my mother if she remembered it but found nothing. I am so excited to find this and remember this from my childhood and will definitely try this and see if it is as good as I remember. Thanks so much, Linda, Woodstock, Ga."