Vegetable Slaw Recipe
We've nicknamed this crunchy salad "Christmas slaw" because of its pretty mix of red and green vegetables. But it's tasty any time. It's great light lunch when stuffed into a whole wheat pita. -Julie Copenhayer of Morganton, North Carolina
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Vegetable Slaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC