We've nicknamed this crunchy salad "Christmas slaw" because of its pretty mix of red and green vegetables. But it's tasty any time. It's great light lunch when stuffed into a whole wheat pita. -Julie Copenhayer of Morganton, North Carolina
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Slaw in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p31
Reviews for Vegetable Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"This was nice and crunchy. I like the addition of all the extra veggies to the cabbage. I also like that it uses less mayo. The only problem I had was that the leftovers weren't as good. But, I would def. make again."