We've nicknamed this crunchy salad "Christmas slaw" because of its pretty mix of red and green vegetables. But it's tasty any time. It's great light lunch when stuffed into a whole wheat pita. -Julie Copenhayer of Morganton, North Carolina
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Slaw in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p31
Reviews for Vegetable Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"This was nice and crunchy. I like the addition of all the extra veggies to the cabbage. I also like that it uses less mayo. The only problem I had was that the leftovers weren't as good. But, I would def. make again."