Vegetable Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thick rice noodles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry the onions in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add the peas and corn; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic and gingerroot; cook 1 minute longer.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice noodles) equals 179 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.