- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thick rice noodles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the onions in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add the peas and corn; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic and gingerroot; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Vegetable Shrimp Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I would definitely make this recipe again, just not when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. The rest of us love this recipe and will be making it as often as we can.